Peace of Mind
During the COVID-19 crisis, peace of mind has been elusive. Although we have Faith that humanity will survive this pandemic, it is psychologically challenging to manage the associated anxieties.
It is important for our patients to be assured that we will do everything in our power to provide necessary endodontic treatment in a safe manner to the patients who have entrusted us with their care.
We are grateful for the guidance given to us by the CDC here in Atlanta, the American Dental Association, and the American Association of Endodontists. Because the COVID-19 virus can be spread so easily by a respiratory route, dentistry has entered a new phase of infection control.
In addition to our strict, standard infection control of blood-borne pathogens, we have added extra measures focused on air quality:
- On all of our HVAC systems, we have upgraded to the highest quality 3M filters available.
- Because we create aerosol with our handpieces and ultrasonic devices, we use use high speed evacuation to minimize aerosol clouds.
- Also, we have installed GermGuardian HEPA air purifiers in each treatment room, which filter air 4 times per hour and kill airborne viruses with ultraviolet light.
- Because aerosolized viruses can settle and persist on surfaces, we have upgraded to the highest quality 3M HEPA filters in our vacuum cleaner and have modified our janitorial hard floor surface disinfection technique.
- We are limiting the number of patients in the office at any given time, and we are encouraging all family members and friends accompanying patients to wait in their car.
- Each of our doctors and employees are tested every morning for their own health status.
At the same time we are protecting our patients, we are protecting ourselves. With all of our additional protective gear, you may think you are being treated by spacemen and spacewomen. But underneath, we are the same warm, caring professionals you have come to know and trust.